Saturday, December 24, 2011

Top 10 Kendall Children Sayings of 2011

1.  Hadessah: Momma toots like a duck; Daddy toots like a rhinoceros

2.  Scene: All three children are sitting at the bar and waiting to be served their meal. Miriam is making a proclamation three-year-old-style.
Miriam: I love Daddy. I love Dessah. I love Momma. I love Benny.
Benaiah: I only love Daddy and Dessah.


3.  Scene: In the car. The family is on its way home from an outing. Daddy and Benaiah are playing rhyming games.
Daddy: Hi.
Benaiah: Bye!
Daddy: Yellow.
Benaiah: Mellow!
Daddy: Fell.
Benaiah: Hell!
Daddy: Oh, Ben, don’t say hell. It’s not a good word to say.
Benaiah: Okay.
Daddy: Door.
Benaiah: Whore!



4.  Scene: Daddy gets cut off in a downtown intersection and is developing road rage.
Daddy: [bangs his palm on the steering wheel] Oh, for…
Miriam: …Pete’s sake!

5.  Hadessah: I tried to clean my room but Ben just astracted me, and I can’t work when I’m astracted.

6.  Miriam: I fell in the ditch and died yesterday.
Translation: I fell off the stage and cried yesterday.   

7.  Hadessah: Daddy, is the tooth fairy really real?
Daddy: What do you think, sweetheart?
Hadessah: [sits pensively for several moments] Well, there’s monsters and I don’t want them to be real.

8.  Benaiah: Mom, you have a [makes an exaggerated motion with his arms to make me feel really good about myself] BIG stomach!

9.  Benaiah: Some kids’ parents are fat, but you and Momma are skinny (talk about a paradox).


10.  Scene: Miriam is sitting on Mom’s lap and eating breakfast. Daddy is preoccupied while getting ready for work.
Miriam: I love you, Momma. You're the best mom.
Mom: [gives Miriam a squeeze] I love you too, baby.
Miriam: Daddy, did you hear that? Momma says that I’m perfect.

Peace be yours this holiday season. With very much love,
Jeremy, Michaelia, Hadessah, Benaiah, & Miriam


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Precious. I wish I had written down some of the things my kids said when they were little. One of my favorites (or maybe just one that I remember) - Amy comes home from school puts her hands over her eyes and says "I'm indivisible, you can't see me." I miss that.

Unknown said...

Those are awesome. I love kids perspective on things, like how you can be fat and skinny at the same time.